2012 moderator : Michael DUBOW
Our research is focused on the discovery of resistance mechanisms, and the adaptation and evolution of pathogenic organisms. Different aspects are investigated: biofilms, phages and their co-evolution with bacteria, antibiotic resistance, biocide adaptations, opportunistic pathogens, the role of lipopolysaccharides in host-pathogen interactions, the role of regulatory mechanisms in virulence.
Owing to next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies, and large scale investigations of different genetic variations, including CRISPRs, single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and tandem repeats, the groups affiliated with this theme have developed knowledge of a number of pathogenic bacteria. New strategies to better control infections are being developed.
Primary theme for :
- Structure and Activity of Endotoxins - Martine CAROFF
- Functional Genomic Approaches to Elucidate the Role of Bacteriophages and Their Hosts in Biofilms - Michael DUBOW
- Infection Genetics and Evolution of Emerging Pathogens - Christophe SOLA
- Genomes and Polymorphisms - Gilles VERGNAUD
Secondary theme for :
- Envelope of Corynebacteria - Christine HOUSSIN
- Genomics of Vibrios Pathogenic to Invertebrates and sRNAs - Annick JACQ
- Molecular Microbiology of Actinomycetes - Jean-Luc PERNODET
- Energy Metabolism of Streptomyces - Marie-Joëlle VIROLLE
- Structure and Evolution of Fungal Chromosomes - Cécile FAIRHEAD
Genotyping (CRISPR, tandem repeats, SNPs), bacteria and fungi population investigations, NGS (next generation sequencing), isolation of phages, genome sequence assembly and annotation of phages, draft whole genome sequencing of bacteria and fungi, metagenomics of environmental samples, RNA-seq. Extraction, purification, biological and structural analysis of glycolipid membrane components.
Tools and databases
http://minisatellites.u-psud.fr/GPMS the microorganisms tandem repeats database
http://mlva.u-psud.fr the genotyping database for pathogens
http://crispr.u-psud.fr the CRISPR database and associated tools
genetic diversity, adaptation, molecular evolution, molecular epidemiology, bacteria, fungi, phages, biofilms, mycobacteria, yeasts, zoonoses, nosocomial infections, genetic diversity, public health, tuberculosis, whooping cough, emerging infectious diseases, rapid diagnosis, high throughput approaches, SNP typing, metagenomics, CRISPR, paleo-epidemiology, bioinformatics, comparative and functional genomics, next-generation sequencing(NGS), RNA-seq, pharmacogenomics, endotoxins, immunology, phage therapy, corynebacteria, bacterial cell envelope, mycolic acids.
Axis 6 : Emerging Bacterial Pathogens and Combating Strategies
Download PDF (French version)
Moderator : Michael DUBOW
Lecturer - Team Principal Investigator
Phone : +331 69 15 46 12
Building 409, Room 213